Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nicholas Sparks Meets Angsty Teens



why am i blogging? why...why...why am i blogging? i have a sinking feeling that this will end up to be another endeavor that i give up on after a few weeks..or days. even as i type that i know deep down that even though i'm denying and hopeful- it always ends the same. i have countless journals on my bookshelf that are all filled halfway and then abandoned. however, after spending the afternoon reading through a good friend's blog i am determined to write down my random thoughts that flash through my mind during the day and send them out into the wild world of cyberspace via this blog. will anyone read it? doubtful. but here i am nonetheless.

i was thinking about something today. nicholas sparks. and the movies that represent his novels. my good friends took me out to see Last Song for my birthday a few months ago (i mean- what says "ILOVEYOUHAPPYBIRTHDAY" like two hours of miley cyrus' pouty lips and adolescent rebellion?) and i just recently watched Dear John. My question is- what the heck is the difference between the two movies?

Boy meets girl on charleston beach. They fall in love. They face obstacles. They break up. They find themselves. Their father's die. They find each other. Love. Nevertheless i am drawn to his movies. There are just days where you need a good chick flick.

But seriously miley- stop doing that with your lips. it's making me cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment